Thursday, April 26, 2012

You never know who you will meet in a grocery store!


              I went to my local grocery store 2 nights ago to grab whatever I could with the 18 dollars I had. I did not want to get out of bed because I have had a throat and ear infection for over a week now. I hate having to go to the hospital and sit there for 4 hours just to get some antibiotics, so I am now waiting until Friday to go see my doctor. Anyway, I am walking down the aisle not knowing what to buy with my 18 dollars to feed my family and I bump into a old customer who I have own since I was 16 when I worked at a bagel shop. Ah the bagel shop the only job I kept for years in my whole life. We get talking and catching up and he tells me he opened a new pizza place in town. Lets just say I start Saturday. It made me feel so good that this man remembered how good a worker I was and took my number and called me next day to tell me when I could start working for him. Good thing I got my sickly ass out of bed and went to get some food, you never know who you will bump into at the grocery store.

            Now this is a job I know. Working phones taking orders making money. I believe this is it for me for awhile. But then again I always have high hopes. I do know that whatever happens I am not going anywhere. I will not let my family down again. I believe things do happen for a reason, somehow it always seems that way, but I do believe we are reasonable for our own actions. This time around I will be me and not someone I am not. Keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment