Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Unemployed and a Yard Sale.


      I have been unemployed again now for two weeks, hint the again. Whenever this problem pops up in my life it's like a pattern. I cry for a few days, I am depressed for a few weeks and then I hit the web filling out every application I can. Out of nowhere something always comes along. But that's just it, I think my luck with always finding a job is running out. I hate sitting at home, as much as my husband thinks I love it, I fucking hate it. I love being with my family and taking care of them, but this mommy needs her breaks. Even when I hold a job I still do all the house work and take care of my son and husband as I would unemployed.

     My husband on the other hand has always held a job. We have been together 9 years and he has only been on unemployment once. He goes to work to work, he's quiet and does his job and has never had any problems. I tried my best to be just like him at my last job which means I changed my whole attitude to be someone I am not. I thought being myself was always getting me into trouble so I might as well try something else. So I did and I still got fucked. I don't know if it's bad luck or just me, myself and I. The guilt of letting my family down once again kills me. It's not there fault we have to struggle again and watch every single penny we have. I am just very unhappy with myself, and I will feel that way until I am working again.

    Me and my girlfriend had a yard sale at my house over the weekend since we are moving to a new cheaper duplex across the street. I woke up early around 7 am and yes that is very early for me since I sleep till at least 10 everyday. I got dressed, made coffee, and opened my garage with money on my mind. My very awesome next door neighbor knew about some of the problems we were having and gave me tons of her stuff to sell to make some extra money. We set up the whole driveway and garage with all of our stuff, my girlfriend even brought some of her own things over so we had plenty of things to get rid of. Nine O'clock passed, 10 o'clock passed and finally our first customer arrived and left with nothing. By now I was very discouraged. I knew it was all done hill from there and I was right. From 8:30 am till 3 pm we had seven people stop by and all together I made $26. With that I am doing it all over again this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. All I can do is make a ton of more signs and hope for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment